Study Group and its providers are committed to adopting the highest standards to safeguard our customers' personal and sensitive information. Study Group, like other entities operating in Australia, is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
Study Group's collection, use and disclosure of personal information policy is set out below:
1. The information we collect
We will only collect personal information about you and given by you when you submit an enquiry, brochure request or direct application for a course through one of our online forms. Our brochure distribution partner, International Logistics Group (IL Group) also holds this brochure request data. IL Group is bound by contract with us not to use this data except to send you materials you have requested. We will always let you have a copy of all personal information that we and IL Group have about you should you request it. Contact us online.
2. Purposes for which we use information about our users
We collect information about our users for a variety of purposes. These include the following:
- Where users supply data to us pursuant to educational services that we offer (for example, to enrol on a Study Group course or to obtain information about our educational programmes), data will be processed by us to supply the information requested by our users. Your information is held by Study Group International Ltd in the United Kingdom
- So that we can inform our users of new offers, products, and services which may be of interest to them
- So that we can send our users news items which are relevant to their interests
- To help us improve and personalise the services provided to our users
3. Passing on information about you
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us. We use the highest standards of encryption for online transactions involving sensitive data such as credit card details. Our secure server is authenticated by Thawte Server CA. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Study Group will take precautions to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your user data under our control. Only authorized employees and subcontractors will be given access to the information you provide us with prior consent.
6. Transferring your information abroad
Information supplied to us by you will only be transferred abroad by us or our partners for the purpose of performing contractual obligations owed by us to you; for example, to supply an educational agent in your country or region with your information to enable that agent to provide you with services you require.
7. How can you access and update information which we hold about you?
- You can request to see the data Study Group, and IL Group hold for you by contacting us online.
- You can unsubscribe from Study Group communications by contacting us online.
8. Automated decisions taken by us about you
Assumptions are made about your interests depending on the information you have supplied to us about yourself, and about the website you were visiting when you did so. For example, if you enquired about a course on martincollege.edu.au, we assume you are interested in vocational and training courses in Australia.
We assume you speak certain languages based on your nationality or country of residence.