The link between academic studies and your career
Designed to get you get started in the career you want and position you for success beyond graduation.
Stage 1 – Job Search Skills
With access to well-established resources you can expect:
- Guidance from dedicated Careers Consultants
- A range of online training modules.
- Industry specific seminars delivered by experts
- To benefit from a database of ‘preferred employers’ who want to employ Martin College graduates.
You will develop a range of essential skills in two key areas:
- Information gathering:
Self-assessment, job market research and analysis, effective communication, deciding on suitable jobs
- Career planning:
Determining career goals; Developing a career plan; Understanding job selection criteria; Creating a winning resume; Writing cover letters and applications; Performing at interviews
Stage 2 – Practical Experience Whilst Studying
- Industry relevant software such as the Adobe creative suite, MS Office, MYOB, Summit Events or Galileo.
- Practical projects as part of your course, i.e. arranging an event or displaying design work.
- Talks from industry representatives and successful alumni.
Professional experience (short and long term)
Placements are an excellent way to build your resume and learn about a specific industry. Examples include:
- Back-stage and VIP assistants at major concerts.
- Assisting at Industry expos held at city convention centres.
- Web-site poster and logo design for real clients.
Please note: International students must have an advanced level of English to be considered for professional experience.
Stage 3 – Martin College Connections
Graduate placement service – finding your first job
- Access to a wide range of graduate employment opportunities through our relationships with preferred employers and help to identify the most suitable roles.
- Even after graduation you can still access to the Martin College jobs portal
Designed for Australian students and international students whose visa allows them to work in Australia after graduation.
- A great opportunity for real-life, full time industry placement.
- We have relationships with specialist internship providers to offer internships to Martin College graduates.
- The internship is at least 3 months and is unpaid.
* The internship is not included in your course fees and you will be required to apply and agree in writing to the internship special terms and conditions and meet the eligibility conditions. There is an additional fee for student participation in the internship.
Internship fees >